U.S- style police start patrols in eastern Ukrainian city of Mariupol
There are 38 female officers among Maryupil patrol policemen
New patrol police has started work in east Ukraine city Maryupil, Ukraine’s Internal Minister Arsen Avakov informed on Facebook.
‘172 patrol officers led by Vitaliy Gorkun took oath in Maryupil today to serve Ukrainian people’, - Avakov wrote.
According to Avakov, the competition was high – up to 17 people for one position: ‘We received 3139 applications and were very strict in selecting candidates, considering higher responsibility of this particular police unit’, - the Minister added.
The average age of the policemen is 27 years: ‘There are 38 women and 128 officers with higher education. Five of them took part in military combat’, - Avakov explained.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case