U.S. Special Envoy calls on Ukraine’s government to save LGBT community from violence
Special Envoy Randy Berry intends to take part in LGBT pride in Ukraine
Violence against LGBT community must be put to an end, U.S. Special Envoy for Human Rights Randy Berry stated, UNIAN reports.
‘Violence based on gender and views must be eliminated. To treat LGBT community in a right way, we must understand what equality means’, - Berry noted.
Berry mentioned, that he will take part in Ukrainian LGBT pride and will hold meetings with various civil organizations and government representatives.
It has been reported earlier, that Special Envoy for LGBT community Randy Berry will arrive in Kyiv on June 8.
LGBT pride will be held in Kyiv on June 12. The U.S. Congress called on Ukraine’s authorities to create safe conditions for the festival-pride.
Earlier, on May 29, representatives of ‘Ukraine’s Organization of Nationalists’ vowed to disrupt the LGBT pride parade.
Gerashchenko: Ukraine demands that Russia releases Sushchenko 3 October, 10:00
Sushchenko case: Ukrainian reporter arrested for two months 3 October, 11:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case