‘U.S. President Obama played a significant role in Savchenko’s release’: Ukraine’s Ambassador
The USA made it clear to Russia, it will always stay committed to basic principle and values
President of the United States, Barack Obama, has played a very important role in the return of Ukrainian pilot and MP, Nadia Savchenko, back to Ukraine, Ukraine’s Ambassador to the USA, Valeriy Chalyi, informed in an interview to Hromadske.
‘President Obama has made a huge contribution into Nadia Savchenko’s release. The U.S. President’s role in this process was very important, no less important than Merkel and Hollande’s’, - the Ambassador said.
The USA, according to Chalyi, has made it clear to Russia, that it will always stay committed to basic principles and values, which Russia is constantly trying to undermine.
Nadia Savchenko’s release opens new prospects for protection of rights of Ukrainian political prisoners, the diplomat believes.
Yesterday, on May 25, Russia’s President Vladimir Putin signed a decree to pardon Nadia Savchenko, previously sentenced to 22 years of prison by a Russian court for allegedly being complicit to the murder of two Russian journalists.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case