Ukrainian state border guards found 17 paintings stolen from Italian museum
The collection is worth more than €16 million
Ukrainian state border guards found 17 paintings stolen from an Italian museum, informed press service of the President of Ukraine.
The collection of paintings is worth over €16 million and includes masterpieces of Rubens, Tintoretto, Pisanello and Caroto stolen from the city museum of Verona.
“Undoubtedly, our effective actions have not only preserved the value of the paintings, but also strengthened the prestige of Ukraine”, - President Poroshenko pointed out.
Poroshenko ordered Deputy Head of Presidential Administration Kostyantyn Yeliseev to contact Italian partners and bring in experts to confirm authenticity of the paintings and discuss formalities of their transition back to Italy.
The masterpieces were stolen on November 11, 2015 from Museo Civico di Castelvecchio in Verona.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case