Ukrainian singer Jamala nominated for UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
“It’s hard to find a more worthy person”, - President of Ukraine
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko informed, that Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry will nominate Jamala for UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, reports press service of the President.
“It’s hard to find a more worthy person”, - Poroshenko said.
President noted, that this will encourage solution of burning issues like de-occupation of Crimea: “This will stimulate solution of issues regarding children and migration, on the one hand. On the other hand, this will help solve the problem of Russian occupied Crimea and return the entire nation of Crimean Tatars home. What’s even more important, is that it’s happening on the eve of 72nd anniversary of deportation of Crimean Tatar people back in 1944. All this is very symbolic”.
Earlier, Ukrainian singer Jamala won “Eurovision 2016”. Representative from Australia Dami Im came second. Sergei Lazarev from Russia ranks third.
Ukraine received 534 points – 211 from juries and 323 in the televoting. Jamala performed with her song “1944” about the destiny of Crimean Tatars.
Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo 26 October, 17:57
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case