Ukrainian national pavilion opens today at the Cannes Film Festival
The pavilion has been organized by the State Film Agency of Ukraine and Kyiv International Film Festival “Molodist”
Starting May 11, the Festival Palace on Cote d’Azur will host the 69th Cannes Film Festival.
Traditionally, celebrities strolled along the red carpet to Theatre Lumiere. The jury, chaired by George Miller, was the first to show up on the red carpet.
Woody Allen’s “Caf Society” (2016) opened the Festival. The master of psychological comedy dedicated his film to Hollywood of 1930s, where the main character arrives to find a job in cinema industry.
The host of the Film Festival is a famous French actor and comedian Laurent Lafitte.
Demonstration of films in competition starts on Thursday. The first ones to compete for the Golden Palm of the Cannes Film Festival are French director Alain Guiraudie with “Staying Vertical” and Romanian author Cristi Puiu with “Sieranevada”.
The Festival ends on May 22. This year films from 13 countries of the world will compete for the Golden Palm.
The State Film Agency informed, that today a Ukrainian national pavilion opens at the Cannes Film Festival. The pavilion has been organized by the State Film Agency of Ukraine and Kyiv International Film Festival “Molodist”.
“It is something like a business card of Ukrainian cinematograph, that’s why the team has brought a lot of material promoting Ukrainian cinema. One of them is the catalogue “Ukrainian films 2015-2016”. The catalogue and other presentation materials are being spread here among professionals in the field of cinema, which promotes Ukrainian films and forms a positive impression from Ukrainian cinematograph abroad”, - it is said in the report.
Trailers and teasers of Ukrainian films are being demonstrated on the plasma screen of the pavilion. The pavilion will host presentations of Ukrainian films, film festivals and various projects.
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0 20 October, 22:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels