Ukrainian MFA calls on Russia to allow Ukrainian doctors examine Savchenko
Savchenko needs to be examined considering her intentions to start hunger strike
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine calls on Russian authorities to allow Ukrainian medical staff to examine Nadia Savchenko in detention center, considering the fact that she intends to start hunger strike, informed MFA speaker Mariana Betsa on Twitter.
“Considering that Savchenko is determined to start hunger strike on April 6, we call on Russia to immediately allow Ukrainian staff to examine her”, - Betsa wrote.
She also emphasized, that Ukrainian side strongly encourages the Russian Federation to immediately release Savchenko in accordance with international law and Minsk agreements.
Earlier, it has been reported that Savchenko refused to appeal against the verdict of the Russian court.
On March 22, Donetsk city court in Rostov region sentenced Nadia Savchenko to 22 years in prison.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas