Ukrainian Ivano-Frankivsk among top-5 European cities
It’s the second time that the Ukrainian city is mentioned in the top-5 list
Ukrainian city Ivano-Frankivsk is in the list of five best cities of Europe, informed press service of the City Council.
It is mentioned that Ivano-Frankivsk is among top five candidates to receive the highest award of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe – the honorable prize of Europe.
Among other European cities are Bamberg (Germany), Girona (Spain), Lublin (Poland), Sinzing (Germany).
“A short film covering eurointegration activities of Ivano-Frankivsk will be shot for the final selection stage”, - it is said in the report of the City Council.
PACE will make its final decision on April 19, 2016.
Annually PACE announces a contest for 4 high awards – European Diploma, Flag of Honor, Sign of Honor and Prize of Europe. Ivano-Frankivsk already has first three awards.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case