Ukrainian climber reaches top of Mount Everest
‘I’ve become obsessed with mountain climbing after having lost a bet’
A Ukrainian climber has reached the top of Everest for the first time on the night of May 20, informed Kharkiv alpinist club.
The 28-year old mountain climber Iryna Galai is from Mukachevo, west Ukraine, but currently lives in Kyiv.
‘I’ve become interested in alpinism three years ago. I had a bet with my co-worker, I lost it and was sent to climb Kazbek (Caucasus). I was the first to reach the top. Since then, I’ve become obsessed with mountain climbing. I work only to be able to afford travelling’, - Galai said.
Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side 28 October, 20:04
Halloween is coming in Ukraine 28 October, 19:14
Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land 28 October, 20:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case