Poroshenko calls on Putin to release Ukrainian political prisoners
President Poroshenko discussed the situation with leaders of Russia, Germany and France
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko held a telephone conversation with leaders of Russia, France and Germany after his official visit to Istanbul, Turkey, reports press service of Poroshenko.
Poroshenko pointed to increasing tension in east Ukraine’s military conflict, in particular shelling of Avdiivka, which is a significant obstacle to peaceful settlement of the conflict.
The parties agreed, that only considerable de-escalation of the conflict and full ceasefire will ensure further political dialogue.
Ukraine’s President stressed the need for Russia to withdraw weapons from occupied territories of Ukraine, stop supplying militants with weapons, as well as to ensure Ukraine’s control over the border.
Poroshenko urged the Russian Federation to release all Ukrainian political prisoners, including Nadia Savchenko, Gennadiy Afanasiev and Yuriy Soloshenko.
Petro Poroshenko called unacceptable constant violations of the rights of Crimean Tatars in Russian-occupied Crimea and urged to stop prosecution against them and release all political prisoners.
Ukraine peace talks at the level of Foreign Ministers and leaders of Germany, France, Ukraine and Russia have been aimed at finding a peaceful solution to Donbas conflict since June 2014.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas 27 October, 09:05
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 27 October, 09:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:42Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case