Ukraine to ban certain Russian artists from participating in Eurovision 2017: Ukraine’s MP
“Some of them are a threat to national security”, - Gerashchenko
Russian artists, on the list of people threatening Ukraine’s national security, will be banned from participating in Eurovision 2017, Ukraine’s MP Anton Gerashchenko wrote on Facebook.
“We have the right to establish rules on the territory of our country. It’s for Ukraine to decide, who’s allowed to cross its border and who’s not. The same applies to the Russian mass media. Thus, in case Kremlin decides, that someone like Chicherina or Kobzon should participate in the song contest, we will simply ban them from entering Ukraine. We will do this because they’re on our stop list of people threatening national security”, - Gerashchenko wrote.
Moreover, Gerashchenko believes, that the stop list must be updated, since it hasn’t been revised since December 2015. Currently, the list includes 83 people.
This year’s Eurovision winner is Ukrainian singer Jamala with her song “1944” dedicated to the destiny of Crimean Tatars people.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars