‘Ukraine plans to spend at least EUR 14,5 million on hosting Eurovision 2017’: Minister of Culture
Ukraine’s cities Kyiv, Odesa, Lviv, Kherson and Dnipro are eager to host the next year’s song contest
Ukraine intends to spend around EUR 14,5 million on hosting next year’s Eurovision song contest, Ukraine’s Minister of Culture Yevhen Nishchuk stated, reports ‘Interfax-Ukraine’.
The official noted, that this year Sweden spent the same amount of money to host Eurovision 2016 in Stockholm: ‘Usually, these are mostly sponsorship funds from various media companies and other sponsors. It’s the way it’s usually done’.
Minister assured, that hosting Eurovision is tied not only around money, it’s also a great experience and a city’s chance to advertise itself. Moreover, Nishchuk claims to have already received phone calls from mayor of Kyiv Vitaliy Klitschko and officials of Kherson. Ukraine’s cities of Odesa, Lviv and Dnipro are also eager to have the honor of hosting the next year’s song contest, according to the Minister.
Earlier, Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Groysman stated, that Ukraine will manage to host Eurovision 2017 at the highest level. Ukraine’s Minister of Social Policy Pavlo Rozenko claimed, that Europe’s major song contest Eurovision 2017 will definitely be held in Ukraine and that ‘possibility of moving the next year’s contest to a different country is out of the question’.
This year’s Eurovision winner is Ukrainian singer Jamala with her song '1944' dedicated to the destiny of Crimean Tatars people.
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas