If Russia wins Eurovision, Ukraine may refuse to participate in next year's song contest
Eurovision 2016 final will air on Saturday, May 14
Ukraine considers refusing to take part in Eurovision 2017 in case representative of Russia Sergei Lazarev wins the contest this year, Director General of the National Television Company of Ukraine Zurab Alasania informed on his Facebook.
“I’m forced to consider alternatives. In case the person named Lazarev gains victory, I assume, next year Ukraine will once again refuse to participate in the song contest”, - he wrote.
In Eurovision 2016 final, singer from Ukraine, Jamala, will perform under number 21, reports official website of the song contest.
After yesterday’s successful performance in semi-final 2, Jamala has reached the final.
However, after the performance in semi-final 2, bookmakers of William Hill downgraded potential results of Jamala’s performance in the final from second position down to fourth. Currently, according to bookmakers, Sergei Lazarev (Russia) is most likely to win the song contest this year.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars