‘Ukraine makes a lot of progress in refusing from Russian gas’: Balcerowicz
Ukraine’s rates of reduction of Russian gas import are the highest in Europe, according to Balcerowicz
Ukraine lacks complex reforms, however, it has made a lot of progress when it comes to refusing from Russian gas, Head of Reform Support Group Leszek Balcerowicz stated at the National Reforms Council, aired by ‘112 Ukraine’.
‘Ukraine’s rates of reduction of Russian gas import are the highest in Europe. I remember, several years ago it amounted to 45 million cubic meters, this year, as far as I know, it dropped almost to zero. It’s huge progress’, - Balcerowicz said.
According to State Statistics Service, Ukraine imported 2,646 billion cubic meters of gas in January-April 2016 from France, Austria, Poland and Germany.
No gas was imported from Russia in this period.
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case