Ukraine launches first nuclear facility of global significance
President of Ukraine and US Ambassador witnessed a check run of the facility
Ukraine launched its first nuclear facility of global significance, developed by specialists of the National Scientific Center “Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology”. President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko and US Ambassador in Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt witnessed a check run of the facility, informed press center of the President.
During the launch of the facility “Source of Neutrons” Poroshenko emphasized that this project is a good example of cooperation in the field of nuclear security and non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.
“Ukraine has made a huge contribution into the program of non-proliferation of nuclear weapons. This involves refusal from the world third largest nuclear arsenal and cooperation with international organizations in order to enhance technological security”, - Poroshenko stated.
Poroshenko believes, that “Source of Neutrons” will enable Ukraine to conduct modern research in various fields of science and technology, develop almost an entire spectrum of radioisotopes for medicine and industry, solve issues of nuclear energetics and extend operating lives of nuclear plants.
The project was developed with support of the USA as part of the program of non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain