Ukraine joins EU program COSME supporting small and medium businesses
Entrepreneurs can enjoy all the variety of privileges offered by COSME
Ukraine has officially joined the European program supporting small and medium businesses COSME. The relevant agreement has been signed in Brussels between Director General for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs in the European Commission Lowri Evans and the representative of Ukraine in the European Union Nikolai Tochitskiy, informed press service of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine.
“At last, Ukraine has signed the agreement and our entrepreneurs will have an opportunity to enjoy all the privileges offered by COSME”, - Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine Yuliya Klimenko stated.
The next step for Ukraine will be ratification of the Agreement by parliament.
COSME (2014-2020) is a program of the European Union, aimed at strengthening competitiveness and sustainability of small and medium enterprises. Budget of the organization amounts to €2,3 billion.
COSME supports various projects, which include streamlining of access to foreign markets, improvement of competitiveness conditions, development of business culture, clusters, tourism, protection of intellectual property rights for companies, operating in countries, which are not members of the EU.
Ukraine has become the 8th country beyond the EU that joined COSME. Among other countries are Montenegro, Macedonia, Moldavia, Turkey, Albania, Serbia and Armenia.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case