Ukraine joined “Kigali Principles” protecting civilians in UN special operations
“Kigali Principles” is a document approved at the international conference in Kigali, Rwanda on May 29, 2015
On May 11, Ukraine joined “Kigali Principles” protecting rights of civilians in UN peace operations, informed Ukrainian office in the Organization.
“Kigali Principles” is a document approved at the international conference in Kigali, Rwanda on May 29, 2015. According to the document, UN peace operations are entitled to exert to all necessary measures, including force, to protect civilian population.
On May 11, the document was signed by 17 member states of the United Nations. 29 countries, which have recognized Kigali Principles, provide UN operations with 40,000 personnel.
Ukraine participates in UN peaceful operations.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
UNDP continues support for Donbas restoration 16 October, 11:03
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain