Ukraine and US sign 'milestone' custom services agreement
Top fiscal service official explains importance of custom services cooperation between the two countries
State Fiscal Service chairman Roman Nasirov said on air of 112.ua that signing the agreement with the US customs service was a crucial moment for Ukraine.
“This agreement is a big milestone for Ukraine. If you can imagine, we have been working with US custom services under the Soviet Union agreement signed in 1990. Until now we haven’t had an opportunity to sign a new agreement. We had several meetings on this matter in Washington in previous July, and we arranged working on improvement of this agreement”, - said Nasirov.
State Fiscal Service chairman stated that agreement meant cooperation of two countries in customs services.
“The agreement itself is a formal document that concerns the ways two countries will cooperate in customs regulation exchange and any other useful information”, - explained Nasirov.
Recall that State Fiscal Service chairman Roman Nasirov and special commissioner of US customs and boundary protection Robert Kerlikowske signed the agreement of US and Ukraine government about cooperation between customs administration.
Ukraine, USA discuss lethal weaponry supplies 19 October, 07:47
Poltorak: Ukraine aims to become major non-NATO ally of the U.S. 10 October, 10:00
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels