Ukraine and OSCE coordinate placement of police mission amid escalated violence in Donbas
Russia hinders OSCE’s control over eastern Ukraine’s border
In order to settle the conflict between Ukraine and Russia, OSCE considers ways to place its police mission in the conflict area, Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin informed in an interview to ICTV, ‘Ukrinform’ reports.
‘With no control over the border, there’ll be no further progress with security issues, Russian regular troops will continue to operate on the territory of our country. We definitely need control over the border – OSCE Special Monitoring Mission or OSCE police mission will help us do it’, - Klimkin stated.
The Minister informed, that currently Ukraine and OSCE are working out a ‘special approach consisting of three blocks’.
First of all, OSCE SMM is placing its special bases along the border in Donbas, in territories not controlled by Ukraine’s government.
Secondly, OSCE will place special surveillance equipment in the conflict area.
Klimkin mentioned, that it’s still very important to decide, who will be responsible for border control – OSCE SMM or OSCE police mission.
Meanwhile, according to Klimkin, Russia is trying to hinder the mission to leave control over the border all to itself.
‘Russia hinders efficient control over the border. Moscow clearly understands, that a really serious negotiation will start in case the border closes, international community and OSCE will control the situation’, - the Minister said.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars