Turkish MFA: Russia tries to intimidate Crimean Tatars
Russian occupation authorities started pressuring Crimean Tatars after annexation of the peninsula, - Turkish diplomats
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkey condemned ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars by occupation authorities in Crimea, it is said in MFA’s statement, Anadolu reports.
MFA of Turkey stated, that Mejlis is a legally elected and democratically formed body of Crimean Tatars, which reflects the will of the people.
Turkish diplomats also claim, that pressure on Crimean Tatars from Russian occupation authorities started after annexation of the peninsula.
“Crimean Tatars are being intimidated again. We strongly condemn the decision”, - it is said in the report.
On April 26, Supreme Court of annexed Crimea declared Mejlis of Crimean Tatar people an extremist organization and banned it on the territory of the Russian Federation.
Head of Mejlis Refat Chubarov is convinced, that international community and the UN will react to ban of Mejlis in no time.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain