There’s political understanding in Russia that Savchenko should serve sentence in Ukraine, - lawyer
The lawyer admits that Savchenko may be sentenced to 10-12 years
Nadiya Savchenko may serve sentence in Ukraine, informed her lawyer Mark Feygin in an interview to “112 Ukraine”.
According to the lawyer, there’s political understanding of the necessity of such a decision.
“The information I receive from Ukrainian sources and sources close to international negotiations, signifies that there is political understanding of the fact that Savchenko should serve her sentence in Ukraine. The details will be cleared after the sentence is delivered. I believe the chances are high”, - the lawyer said.
According to Feygin, Savchenko may be sentenced to 10-12 years, but it’s hard to predict. The sentence will be delivered at least in two weeks.
It was said earlier that Nadiya Savchenko will say her last word in Russian court on March 3 during the last hearing in her case. The court will also announce the date of delivery of the sentence.
Normandy four meeting starts in Berlin 19 October, 20:12
Putin arrives on Normandy four meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:46
Poroshenko, Merkel and Hollande start preliminary meeting in Berlin 19 October, 19:21
Poroshenko arrives in Berlin for Normandy four meeting 19 October, 18:57
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:44‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:01Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov
- UA & EU19:39Czech Senate demands from Russia to stop supporting militants in Donbas, - Gerashchenko
- FINANCE18:44Ukrainian Parliament passes draft law of 2017 state budget in first reading
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:01Normandy Four wants OSCE armed mission to stay in Donbas only during elections
- POLITICS17:58Russian Defense Ministry: humanitarian pause in Syrian Aleppo extended for a day
- RUSSIA17:12Peskov: Putin agrees on placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- RUSSIA16:30Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia
- UA & EU15:42Poroshenko, Hungary PM are to enhance political dialogue between states
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels