The blockade of the border with Crimea have started
To the announced by Crimean Tatar activists and the Majlis members protest action of blockade is joned up by representatives of the Right Sector, self-defense and volunteer battalions
The action of the blockade of the administrative border with the annexed Crimea in the Kherson region has already started.
Currently, on the road near check point “Chongar “, a truck with concrete blocks that will help to disable the traffic on the roads. Also, nearby there are tires and metal spikes.
There are hundreds of people with flags of Ukraine and flags of the Crimean Tatar people, also in place there are representatives of the Right Sector, self-defense and volunteer battalions.
The protection of public order on the place of event is provided by the battalion of special purpose "Kherson", that was announced by the adviser to the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Zorian Shkiriak. The police officers are under personal guidance of the deputy chief of Ministry of Internal Affairs in the Kherson region Illia Kiva.
"All actions are entirely consistent together with the organizers of the action, the members of the Coordinating Staff, representatives of the Interior Ministry, Security Service and the Border Service. Everything is under control. There are a lot of people, they are constantly coming from different regions of the country. At the site of the blockade tents, field kitchens and bathrooms are already set", Shkiriak said.
And on the receipt of the news, at the checkpoints on the administrative border with annexed Crimea a queue of trucks has already formed, Krym.Realii reports. For instance, as the checkpoint "Kalanchak" has occured 1 km long traffic block.
As it was reported before, on September 16, the head of the Majlis, MP Refat Chubarov said in Parliament that the activists will start an action of blockade of the administrative border with the occupied Crimea at noon on September 20. According to him, the traffic to be blocked only for the trucks that carry goods to Crimea, while the movement of people and cars will remain unobstructed.
Earlier, as Chubarov explained, the blockade of the Crimea evolved due to the fact that the issue of Crimea fades into the background. Also, lately it became known that Right Sector is going to join the blockade of the Crimea.
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels