Jamala's 'stunning and inspiring' performance: U.S. Ambassador describes Ukraine's victory at Eurovision
US envoy talks about winning song's significance for Ukraine
U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt described jazz singer Jamala's "Eurovision 2016” performance as stunning and inspiring, speaking at an investment conference in Kyiv, reports “Novoe vremya”.
“I know, that everything I’m saying now is of absolutely no significance to my Ukrainian partners after Jamala’s stunning and inspiring victory in “Eurovision” in Stockholm on Saturday”, - Pyatt said.
Earlier, Ukrainian singer Jamala won “Eurovision 2016”. Representative from Australia Dami Im came second. Sergei Lazarev from Russia ranks third.
Ukraine received 534 points – 211 from juries and 323 in the televoting. Jamala performed with her song “1944” about the destiny of Crimean Tatars.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars