Stoltenberg: We discussed Ukraine and Afghanistan during Russia-NATO consultations
“We had a serious and open discussion, NATO member states and Russia have different views”, - Secretary General of NATO
Crisis in Ukraine, military activity and security issues in Afghanistan were top issues during Russia-NATO consultations, Secretary General of NATO Jens Stoltenberg informed at a briefing after the consultations.
“We discussed three topical issues – crisis in Ukraine, military activity, transparency and risk reduction. We also focused on Afghanistan, regional terrorist attacks and security issues. We had a serious and open discussion, NATO member states and Russia have totally different views”, - Stoltenberg stated.
He noted that Russia’s actions against Ukraine have led to the strained relations with the Alliance.
“NATO countries are determined in their support of sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine and don’t recognize unlawful annexation of Crimea by Russia. We are seriously concerned about growing number of ceasefire violations, as well as aggression against OSCE representatives”, - he pointed out.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain