Steinmeier: Measures to ensure full ceasefire in Donbas agreed upon
There’s progress regarding security, but political negotiation is stalled, - Foreign Minister of Germany
Yesterday, during Ukraine peace talks, Foreign Ministers of Ukraine, Russia, France and Germany agreed upon a number of measures to ensure full ceasefire in Donbas, preserved during Easter holidays, Foreign Minister of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier stated after peace negotiations in Berlin, reports press service of the German Ministry.
The parties agreed to reduce the number of military units near the line of contact in order to demilitarize the area, as well as to finalize full withdrawal of weapons.
Moreover, the sides of conflict must suspend military drills in the conflict area. Implementation of these steps will be observed by OSCE Mission.
Steinmeier underlined, that additional item of the agreements presupposes a mechanism of consultations with OSCE Mission and military experts in order to monitor the situation.
Commenting on the issue of local elections in Donbas, Foreign Minister of Germany noted, that political settlement of the matter has been stalled, no considerable progress has been reached on this issue.
According to Steinmeier, the contact group will continue discussing the matter of elections, drawing upon Ukrainian concept and taking into account proposals from Russia.
Steinmeier emphasized, that a compromise must be found in order to ensure further implementation of Minsk agreements.
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars