Source: European Parliament to consider visa liberalization for Ukraine at the end of May
Today, visa working group of the European Parliament is considering the issue of Ukraine
The proposal of the European Commission to cancel visa obligations for Ukrainian citizens will be considered by the Committee for Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs in the European Parliament within the next few weeks, reports Deutsche Welle, quoting a source in the secretariat of the Committee.
“Our Committee is the one to consider visa liberalization for Ukraine, proposed by the European Commission”, - it is said in the report.
However, the exact date of the debate on Ukraine still hasn’t been set, due to high workload in the Committee.
According to the schedule, the nearest meeting of the Committee for Civil Liberties is slated for May 23, 24 and 30.
It is assumed, that the issue of visa liberalization with Ukraine will be considered by the Committee in the European Parliament on one of these days.
On April 20, the European Commission proposed the European Parliament and the European Council to cancel visa obligations for Ukrainian citizens. President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko expects the EU will grant visa-free regime to Ukraine within a few months.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain