Smugglers seized trying to haul a record batch of amber from Ukraine to Poland
The smuggled batch of amber amounts to almost 170 million hryvnas
Amber smugglers were seized in Poland trying to haul a record batch from Ukraine – 1,5 tons of amber with a total value of around 167 million hryvnas, informed tvn24.
“During the check border guards noticed that suspicious bags and carton boxes were lying under the goods recorded officially. It turned out, they were filled with smuggled amber”, - representative of the border guard service Marzhena Semenyuk informed.
Border guards thoroughly checked the truck and exposed 1,5 tons of smuggled amber.
“We estimated the approximate value of amber at 24 million zloty. If this illegal huge batch of amber had reached the market, Poland would have suffered losses at 5,5 million zloty”, - Semenyuk explained.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars