Shuster intends to continue working in Ukraine without work permit
The journalist spoke with reporters at Kyiv city employment centre
“I think it’s not a mistake but a totally willful act committed yesterday, on April 25th. I guess whoever was behind this, he really thought it through. Good timing – it’s before Easter, before May holidays, when there aren’t many people watching TV and most of them are out of the town, having rest from the news and the politics. And by the time officials get back in town and get to work, which is not likely to happen until May 10, most people will already forget about this entire incident. That’s why it happened right now, I’m sure. Let’s wait for the managers who will once again explain us what this is all about, and think of out next steps. What else can we do? We are going to work without permits”, Savik Shuster said.
He went to Kyiv city employment centre, demanding explanations why his work permit was cancelled. "The tension has been lasting for a while now, and today I can see the outcome", he told reporters.
As 112 International reported earlier today, someone cancelled Savik Shuster’s work permit in Ukraine, only two weeks after the permit was granted. According to MP Sergiy Leshchenko, “first, they gave him authorization to work, but later… changed their mind. Two events with a 2-week gap. Staff of migration service changed their mind after a phone call. This is what telephone justice looks like. This is unacceptable and it doesn’t matter to whom it is applied”, - the MP wrote.
Savik Shuster has been working in Ukraine since 2005. He has been a host of his own talk shows “Svoboda Slova” (“Freedom of Speech”), “Svoboda Savika Shustera” (“Freedom of Savik Shuster”) and “Shuster LIVE” on a number of Ukrainian TV channels.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars