Sentence issued to Nadia Savchenko came into force
Savchenko intends to renew hunger strike without water on April 6
The sentence issued by the Russian court to Ukrainian pilot and MP Nadia Savchenko came into force, informed her lawyer Mark Feygin in an interview to “Interfax-Ukraina”.
“Considering unwillingness of our defendant, we didn’t appeal against the verdict. Thus, it came into force at midnight and must be executed”, - the lawyer stated.
He also emphasized, that Savchenko is convinced that it’s impossible to restore justice in a Russian court. Thus, she sees no point in appealing against the verdict. “Savchenko believes, that Russian courts are under control of Kremlin and efforts to change something in this system are just a waste of time”, - Feygin said.
Earlier, it has been reported that Savchenko refused to appeal against the verdict of the Russian court.
On March 22, Donetsk city court in Rostov region sentenced Nadia Savchenko to 22 years in prison.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars