Semerak: Ukraine to sign Paris Agreement instead of Kyoto Protocol April 22
Having become a party to the Agreement, Ukraine will determine its obligations concerning the level of greenhouse gas emissions on its own
On April 20 the Government approved the project of decree of the President on powers of Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations Volodymyr Yelchenko for signing the Paris Agreement. As reported by the press service of the Cabinet of Ministers.
“Therefore, Ukraine will be the 156thcountry which will sign this Agreement in New York in the presence of Secretary General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon on April 22”, - Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources Ostap Semerak noted.
In addition, Ostap Semerak explained that Ukraine is a party to the Convention and the Kyoto Protocol, and the Paris Agreement will replace the Kyoto Protocol and will come into effect from 2020 for all parties of the Convention. “The Agreement establishes only the basis of the international regime on climate change. Mechanisms, procedures and other practical issues of introduction of the Agreement must be developed within the next four years”, - the Minister remarked.
"Having become a party to the Agreement, Ukraine will determine its obligations concerning the level of greenhouse gas emissions on its own taking into account its social and economic development and financial abilities”, - said Mr. Semerak.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case