Savchenko’s release was settled between Presidents of Ukraine and Russia: Russian source
The source denies, that the matter was settled during a telephone conversation between leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France
The agreement to exchange Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko for two fighters of Russia’s Special Service was reached personally by Presidents of Ukraine and Russia, a high-ranking source in Moscow informed, ‘Interfax’ reports.
‘Commenting on Savchenko’s exchange for two citizens of Russia, a number of Western officials claimed, that the agreement was reached in a telephone conversation between leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France. This is not true’, - according to the source.
The Russian source says: ‘The decision was made personally by President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin and President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko', other members of the telephone conversation simply found out about the already reached agreement.
Earlier, President of France Francoise Hollande stated, that the issue of Nadia Savchenko’s release from Russian prison and her return to Ukraine has been settled in a telephone conversation between leaders of Ukraine, Russia, Germany and France on May 23. Ukraine’s Ambassador to the USA claimed, that President Barack Obama ‘played a significant role in the issue of Nadia Savchenko’s release'.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case