Savchenko’s release was settled at Ukraine peace negotiations: Hollande
Savchenko’s exchange to fighters of Russia’s Special Service was settled by leaders of Ukraine, Russia, France and Germany
President of France Francoise Hollande confirmed, that the issue of Nadia Savchneko’s release and her exchange for two fighters of Russia’s Special Service Aleksandr Aleksandrov and Yevgeniy Yerofeyev was settled on May 23 during a telephone peace negotiation on Ukraine at the level of ‘Normandy Four’ state leaders, ‘RIA News’ reports.
‘President of the Republic welcomes today’s exchange of prisoners carried out as part of commitments reached during a ‘Normandy Four’ telephone negotiation on May 23. The negotiation, in particular, helped return Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchneko back to Ukraine’, - Hollande’s administration reports.
Exchange of Nadia Savchenko to Aleksandrov and Yerofeyev was settled during ‘Normandy Four’ negotiations of Presidents of Ukraine, Russia and France and Chancellor of Germany.
Earlier today, the plane with Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko on board has landed in Kyiv Boryspil airport.
Savchenko was sentenced to 22 years of prison by a Russian court for allegedly killing two Russian journalists and illegally crossing Russian border.
Nadia Savchenko was exchanged for two fighters of Russia’s Special Service and pardoned by the President of the Russian Federation.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars