Savchenko’s lawyers confirm she received extradition documents
Tomorrow, a lawyer will help Nadia Savchenko fill out the documents
The process of extradition of Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko has officially begun, Nadia’s lawyer Oleksandr Plakhotnik stated at a briefing aired by “112 Ukraine”.
“Currently, the process of Nadia Savchenko’s extradition has begun. But, of course, it wasn’t easy to accomplish. We cannot claim that someone did more and someone did less. Every one of us made it happen. “Batkivshchyna” party contributed to it, Nadia’s defense in Ukraine and Russia, Nadia’s sister and Ukrainian people – everyone has put in an effort”, - Plakhotnik noted.
Lawyer Mark Feygin emphasized, that Savchenko’s extradition has already started because she has been given documents to fill out.
“Tomorrow, Nadia will fill them out with lawyer Ilya Novikov”, - Feygin said.
It has been reported earlier that Nadia Savchenko has been handed a pack of documents to fill out for extradition to Ukraine. However, Savchenko hesitated to fill them out, suspecting they could be used for a prison transfer instead of extradition.
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko said earlier, that he expects Savchenko’s return to Ukraine in the next couple of weeks.
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars