Savchenko wrote a letter on account of attempt to arrest her sister in Russia
“Nadia didn’t know about the incident, she was very outraged”, - lawyer
Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko wrote a letter on account of the attempt to arrest her sister Vira Savchenko in the Russian Federation and called it an “outrageous violation of the Russian system of justice”. The letter has been published by her lawyer Nikolai Polozov on Facebook.
“I visited Nadia Savchenko in detention center. She feels better now. Although, she complaints about slow recovery from hunger strike. I told Nadia about the attempt to arrest her sister, about the fact that she has been declared wanted. Nadia didn’t know about the incident and she was very outraged. I managed to convince her to refrain from any rash actions. Thus, she decided to write a statement”, - the lawyer informed.
Nikolai Polozov also stated, that he helped Nadia fill out all the necessary documents for extradition to Ukraine.
“We formulated it very carefully. Nadia refused from a number of suggested formulations in the sample of the statement and changed it for her own. She has done everything required from her. Everything else depends on authorities. Next time I’ll see Nadia on her birthday, May 11”, - Polozov said.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case