Savchenko: They want to return me to Ukraine as criminal, not hero
Nadia Savchenko’s letter, explaining why her extradition was stalled, has been published
The letter, received by many as a refusal to sign extradition documents to Ukraine, is dated April 28. Savchenko signed the extradition documents with her lawyer Nikolai Polozov on April 29, the journalist explained. He also noted, quoting Savchenko’s lawyer, that a day after the letter was written, she chose appropriate formulations.
In her letter, Savchenko ironically describes the content of certain extradition documents. She also writes:
“They tried me for the first time and it was a complete failure. Now, they want to try me for the second time to conceal their crimes and my abduction. As if to ensure extradition. But they want to try me in a very sly manner. They want me to admit the guilt. They want to return me to Ukraine as a criminal, not a hero, although they are criminals themselves”, - Ukrainian pilot writes.
She also emphasized, that she is not afraid of death. “They may as well kill me and show the entire world, that they are not only abductors, but also murderers. Although, everyone is already aware of that”, - Savchenko added.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists 21 October, 16:40
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars