Savchenko's exchange for fighters of Russia's Special Services: Online Broadcast
"It’s better to die in Ukraine than to live in Russia! Ukraine above all!”, the pilot wrote.
Ukraine’s fighter pilot, MP Nadiya Savchenko has been sentenced to 22 years in prison and 30,000 ruble fine (USD 400). The judge said this while pronouncing the sentence in her case.
The court rules that Savchenko will serve her time in a standard regime penal colony.
The Ukrainian was found guilty in the murder of two Russian reporters who worked in Donbas in June 2014, as well as the illegal crossing of the Russian border. As the judge was pronouncing the sentence, Savchenko started singing an old Ukrainian folk tune, mocking judges and telling them someday they will find themselves behind the bars.
People from around the world don't stand aside this story:
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain