Rutte: Further ratification of Association Agreement impossible if the Dutch reject it
Minister-President of the Netherlands pointed out, that consultations after result of the referendum will take weeks
The Netherlands won’t be able to further ratification of the Association Agreement with Ukraine in case final results turn out to be negative, Minister-President of the Netherlands Mark Rutte stated.
“If result of the referendum stays the same as we see it now, we won’t be able to further ratification of Ukraine-EU Association Agreement. This is my political point of view”, - Rutte wrote on Facebook.
According to the Minister-President, after official results arrive, consultations with government, parliament and European partners will take weeks.
“This will take weeks rather than days”, - Rutte added.
Earlier today, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin informed, that government of the Netherlands will hold a consultation regarding results of the Association referendum on Friday.
According to the updated results of exit polls, in Ukraine-EU Association referendum in the Netherlands, the turnout amounted to 32,2%. 61,1% of the Dutch voted against the Association, 38,1% - supported the agreement.
Meanwhile, President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko stated, that results of the recent Association referendum in the Netherlands are not an obstacle for Ukraine on the way to Europe.
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars