Russia’s lawsuit against Kyiv metro likely to cause transport chaos in the city
Court arrests 100 Kyiv metro carriages previously leased from a Russian company
Kyiv mayor Vitaliy Klitschko addressed the National Security and Defense Council and Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko to help settle the issue with 100 Kyiv metro carriages previously leased from a Russian company ‘UkrRosLeasing’, press center of Kyiv City Council reports.
The Russian company filed a lawsuit against Kyiv metropolitan to pay the debt in the amount of USD 80 million. Ultimately, Kyiv Economic Court arrested the leased metro carriages on May 13. The arrest is likely to cause transport chaos in the city, the report says.
‘Only thanks to a prompt appeal against the court’s arrest on the leased metro carriages, we managed to avoid transport chaos in Ukraine’s capital. Nevertheless, the issue needs settlement’, - the press service quotes Klitschko.
The mayor, turned to Ukraine’s President Poroshenko and National Security and Defense Council to help settle the issue, threatening Ukraine’s national security.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars