Russia testing new weapons in eastern Ukraine: National Security and Defense Council
NSDC Secretary warns against escalation of east Ukraine conflict
The Russian Federation systematically tests new weapons in Ukraine’s temporary occupied Donbas, Secretary of National Security and Defense Council, Oleksandr Turchynov, stated at the meeting with the Head of Lithuanian Sejm, Loreta Grauziniene, ‘Unian’ reports.
Turchynov stressed, that Europe must clearly understand, that ‘Russia is an aggressor, not a third party to the conflict’: ‘Their weapons are used to escalate the conflict in east Ukraine, their soldiers kill Ukrainians, they started this war’, - the information agency quotes Turchynov.
According to Turchynov: ‘Russia daily shells Ukrainian military and tests new weapons, neglecting Minsk peace deals’.
The Secretary warned, that dangerous tendencies, which started in May ‘risk to grow into full-fledged military activity’.
‘We are forced to prepare for an adequate response to Russia’s actions. We hope, our strategic partners won’t just stand there and simply observe the situation from outside’, - Turchynov said.
According to Turchynov, the only thing, that can hold back Russia is Ukraine’s powerful army, therefore ‘it’s vital for Ukraine to receive military and technical aid from the West’.
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ 25 October, 09:43
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case