Russian occupation authorities stifle independent media in Crimea: Crimean Tatar leader
Russian authorities force Crimean Tatar and Ukrainian media out of the peninsula
Independent professional journalism is almost destroyed by Russian occupation authorities in Crimea, Crimean Tatar leader Mustafa Dzhemilev informed on Facebook.
‘Crimean Tatar and Ukrainian mass media are suffering the most from pressure from the Russian Federation. Thus, we urge everyone working under pressure from occupation authorities to come together’, - Dzhemilev said.
The Russian Federation occupied Crimea in 2014. Ukraine’s Parliament officially declared February 20, 2014 the start of temporary occupation of the peninsula by Russia. Key international organizations condemn Russia’s actions and call annexation and occupation of Crimea illegal. Later a round of economic sanctions has been imposed on the Russian Federation.
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas