Russian Ministry of Justice suspended Mejlis on the grounds of “extremism”
The decision was made on the basis of Natalia Poklonska’s appeal
Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation suspended Mejlis on the grounds of extremist activities, it is reported on the official website of the Ministry of Justice.
“The public association has been included in the list on the basis of the decision of the Prosecutor of the Republic of Crimea to suspend its activity”, - the Ministry explained.
On February 15, Crimean Prosecutor Natalia Poklonska addressed the Supreme Court with the appeal to recognize Mejlis an extremist organization and ban its activity. The first trial in this case was held on March 3.
Moreover, Poklonska suspended Mejlis of Crimean Tatars until the court’s verdict.
Ukraine in UN: Occupied Crimea militarization is dangerous for Europe 13 October, 12:38
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
PACE adopts two resolutions on Ukraine 13 October, 08:35
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars