Russian-backed militants admit to holding captive OSCE observer in Donbas
The self-styled republic in eastern Ukraine accuses the observer of espionage
Militants of the self-styled ‘Donetsk People’s Republic’ admit to holding captive an OSCE observer, ‘Ukrinform’ reports, quoting a website of militants.
‘At the beginning of June, Border Service of DPR arrested an OSCE observer, a local citizen of Donetsk. He has been accused of espionage and is currently being held in a detention center. OSCE has started a negotiation with DPR, demanding to give out the observer’, - the militants’ statement reads.
DPR asserts, that the observer allegedly has been passing on information about whereabouts of militants, which caused 25 of them to be killed.
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case