Russia: Ukraine falsified Jamala’s victory on national Eurovision
Russian authorities claim that Jamala’s song makes the contest political
Russian State Duma Deputy Speaker Vadim Dengin hopes Eurovision governing bodies will not allow Jamala to take part in the contest with her song “1944” about the deportation of Crimean Tatar people, informed “RIA News”.
“I hope that governing bodies of Eurovision will eliminate such a performance from the song contest”, - Dengin pointed out.
Dengin believes that the choice of the song about the deportation of Crimean Tatar people back in 1944 proves how political the contest really is.
Dengin also believes that majority of Ukrainians cannot afford to watch Eurovision.
“The majority of Ukrainians don’t receive salaries and pensions, thus they won’t be able to afford to watch Eurovision, since, first of all, they cannot afford to pay for electricity and, second of all, they simply don’t care about Eurovision”, - he said.
Earlier Jamala won the final of the national Eurovision-2016-Ukraine with her song “1944”.
With this song Jamala wants to attract attention of the world community to the issues of occupation of Crimea.
Ukraine demands that Russia stops prosecutions of Crimean Tatars 12 October, 14:28
Smedlyayev: Russian federal security service arrests more Crimean Tatars 12 October, 16:03
U.S. doesn’t recognize Russia’s ban of Mejlis of Crimean Tatars 1 October, 11:00
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars