Russia suspends all transit of Ukrainian trucks
324 vehicles are immobile on Russian territory
Russia suspended all transit of Ukrainian trucks, Transport Ministry of that country reported.
“In view of the fact that Russian cargo vehicles have been blocked in Ukraine since noon Moscow time (11 am Kyiv) on February 16, the Russian Federation suspends all movement of Ukrainian cargo vehicles,” the report says.
The move has not affected delivery of cargos to Kazakhstan by carriers from other countries.
Russia’s Transport Ministry stated that the retaliatory measures will be in effect until the cessation of Russian trucks’ blockade in Ukraine.
Activists across Ukraine have been blocking the trucks of the neighboring country since February 12. On February 14, Russia banned transit of the Ukrainian vehicles through its territory. This did not concern the cargo transiting from Ukraine to Kazakhstan.
The Ukrainian government decided to suspend transit of Russian trucks across Ukraine pending provision of explanation from the Russian side. It also started technical consultations with Russia and the EU regarding the blockade.
According to Ukrainian activists, nearly 560 Ukrainian trucks continue to be blocked in Russia.
Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences 26 October, 17:15
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case