Russia refuses to extradite ex-President Yanukovych back to Ukraine
Ukraine’s former President is under suspicion in 7 criminal proceedings
The Russian Federation refused Ukraine in extradition of former President Viktor Yanukovych, Head of Special Investigations Department Sergei Gorbatyuk informed at a briefing aired by “112 Ukraine”.
“So far, the investigation on the territory of the Russian Federation has been impossible, because not a single response has been received to the enquires we had filed. As of today, we have been informed, that Russia refuses to extradite Yanukovych, thus, we will suggest interrogating him on the territory of the Russian Federation”, - Gorbatyuk explained.
According to the official, Viktor Yanukovych is under suspicion in 7 criminal proceedings.
Ukraine’s former President Viktor Yanukovych fled Kyiv in February 2014 amid protests in Maidan Nezalezhnosti. Activists of the Revolution of Dignity in Ukraine’s capital demanded his resignation.
Yanukovych fled to Russia, where he has been residing so far. Meanwhile, several criminal proceedings against him have been initiated in Ukraine.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars