Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Grigory Karasin said that work on the Minsk-2 will continue in 2017 and laid the responsibility on Kyiv. He also said that Russia is not a party to the conflict in the Donbas region, TASS reports.
"Right now, in November, it is less than two months before the end of the year. The hope that Kyiv authorities will perform all of its obligations, create the relevant laws and will strictly comply with all points of the Minsk agreements is useless. So, of course, the work will continue in 2017, but we still hope that the work will be more dynamic and responsibility of Kyiv will be added", Karasin said.
He added that at the moment the prospects are disappointing.
"Unfortunately, there is nothing hopeful neither in the contact group, nor in terms of the implementation of the commitments that Kiev authorities have undertaken within the framework of Normandy Quartet", Deputy Foreign Minister stated.
According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, the Western partners have become more insistent, but everything depends on the Ukrainian authorities. He expressed the hope that Kyiv "will be more responsible."
He reminded that there is no limitations period in the implementation of the Minsk agreements to resolve the situation in the east of Ukraine.
Previously, Yuriy Tandit, the adviser to the head of the SBU, announced that Russian side started showing their interest in the issue of hostage release, which was discussed in Minsk on Tuesday, November 8.