Reverse of natural gas supplies to Ukraine depends on Russian gas supply to the EU
In the case of a complete cessation of gas supply by Russians to the EU, Ukraine will not be able to receive the reverse in a full scale
The reverse of natural gas supplies from the EU to Ukraine depending by 30-40% on the gas volume that is coming to Europe from Russia. Said the president of Ukrtransgaz Igor Prokopiv during a press conference, as reported "Interfax-Ukraine".
"We are well aware that in the case of a complete cessation of gas supply to the EU by Russians, as we experienced in 2009, we will not able to receive the reverse in full scale. It will not be completely terminated, but we can lose 30-40%." - said the head of Ukrtransgaz.
Prokopiv also said he believes that the Gazprom statement of the complete abandonment of the use of the Ukrainian GTS in future is only a political bluff.
"Nord Stream" is just a tube that goes into the sea and gets out from it in Germany. On the other side the Ukrainian route is a market with a huge consumption and a superior capacity for gas storage. The Russians supply piped gas through Ukraine, and they don’t have thorn in their flesh, because our market is a giant clipboard, which allow to balance supplies, " - he concluded.
It is to be recalled that Russia don`t see backgrounds for a new round of trilateral gas talks. Earlier, Minister of Energy and Coal Industry of Ukraine, Volodymyr Demchyshyn, said that trilateral meeting will be held before the end of March. This meeting will discuss the entire package of gas issues, including the transit of Russian gas to Ukraine and its procurements.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain