Research: Ukraine among leading countries on the number of IDPs
The highest number of refugees is in Yemen, Syria and Iraq. 4,8 million refugees have been registered in 2015
In 2015, 942 thousand people received the status of Internally Displaced Persons due to the military conflict in Donbas. The data has been established in the research of the Norway Refugee Council and the Internal Displacement Monitoring Center.
Since the beginning of Donbas conflict, 1,7 million IDPs have been registered in Ukraine.
Overall, 40,8 million people in the world are considered IDPs in their countries.
8,6 million refugees were registered in 2015, half the number, 4,6 million people – in Yemen, Syria and Iraq.
These numbers do not take into account persons, who left their countries.
The highest number of refugees has been registered in Yemen: 2,2 million people left their homes as a result of a military conflict between a coalition led by Saudi Arabia and shiah rebels; 83 thousand people – due to natural disasters.
Torn by war Syria ranks second with 1,3 million refugees. There are 1,1 million IDPs in Iraq.
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case