Easing sanctions against Russia ‘likely to provoke aggressor’: Ukraine’s parliamentary speaker
Ukrainian MPs meet with EU top official
Speaker of Ukraine’s parliament Andriy Parubiy is voicing the country’s support for sanctions imposed against Russia by the European Union over Moscow’s military intervention in eastern Ukraine. Parubiy made this statement following a meeting with Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe President Pedro Agramunt in Kyiv, reports “Interfax-Ukraina”.
“I emphasized, how much Ukraine appreciates support of PACE and encouraged further consolidation of international efforts regarding sanctions against the aggressor, against the Russian Federation”, - Parubiy said.
Parubiy added, “I also mentioned that the easing of sanctions is likely to provoke the aggressor to more actions”.
Ukraine’s parliamentary speaker also said that he discussed reforming Ukraine’s parliament with the top EU official.
Agramunt, in his turn, assured the Ukrainian parliament of the EU’s complete support and stressed that the government needs to continue implementing reforms.
“We believe, that government and parliament should make use of the dynamics after appointment of the new government to continue the process of reform implementation”, - Agramunt stated.
Agramunt added, “In order to ensure peace and welfare in the country, Ukraine must be powerful and rich, have independent state institutions and structures in order to implement reforms”.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case