Putin signs decree to pardon Nadia Savchenko
The plane with Nadia Savchenko on board has already landed in Kyiv Boryspil airport
President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin has signed a decree to pardon Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko previously sentenced to 22 years of prison by a Russian court, Putin’s spokesman Dmitriy Peskov informed, ‘Kommersant’ reports.
Earlier, a plane of Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko carried Savchenko from Russia's Rostov-on-Don to Kyiv Boryspil airport.
Nadia Savchenko was exchanged for fighters of Russia’s Special Service sentenced to prison by a Kyiv court. A plane with the fighter has already landed in Russia.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case